COVID-19 – UNDERSTANDING WHY WHAT WORKS WORKS –
Will influence your cleaning strategy
When it comes to understanding how to combating COVID-19, it helps to first understand that the virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code. (mutation) and convert them into aggressor and multiplier cells.
Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not “killed”, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.
THE GOOD NEWS: This virus is very fragile!
- Soap & Detergent Cleaners can dissolve its fatty protective layer – The only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam). By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own. MARBLELIFE CLEANERS & CLEANER CONCENTRATES are exceptional fatty oil cleaners.
- HEAT melts fat; this is why it is so good to use water above 25 degrees Celsius for washing hands, clothes and everything. In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.
- Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus. This means hand sanitizers need to 65% or higher in alcohol content. (Before we get carried away your vodka alcohol level is too low, but Listerine is high enough to work.)
- Peroxide works but hard on the skin – Oxygenated water helps long after soap, alcohol and chlorine, because peroxide dissolves the virus protein, but you have to use it pure and it hurts your skin, making it a poor option.
- UVC and FAR-UV LIGHT breaks down one cell micro-organisms and virus proteins. It is being used heavily to disinfect and reuse hospital PPE. When working with UV you want to avoid UV-A and B and focus on UV-C and FAR-UV. These can destroy a single cell but cannot penetrate your protective layer of dead skin cells. Lights are good longterm answer but are presently in short-supply.
So with that said you are looking for effective oil emulsifying cleaners such as MARBLELIFE MARBLE & TRAVERTINE, TILE & GROUT, GRANITE & QUARTZ and STONE FLOOR CLEANERS to attack the virus protective fatty exterior, or MARBLELIFE Mold & Mildew Stain Remover Cleaner or other high hypochlorite containing cleaner to attack the protein structure.
Good information makes for good decisions. www.MARBLELIFEPRODUCTS.com